- 1 packet Sympli yam cubes thawed
- 500 mL mixed vegetables cubed
- 250 mL sausage sliced into bite sizes
- 8 eggs whole
- 5 sprigs celery chopped
- 2 onion bulbs chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 thumb-size ginger
- 31 mL butter for frying
- 5 mL butter for greasing casserole pan, melted
- 5 mL white pepper crushed
- 5 mL crushed dried pepper optional
- Handful mixed green leafy spices parsley, celery and basil
- Salt & seasoning to yaste
How to Prepare Yam Casserole using Symplinatural Recipes.
Preheat oven to 200°. Then boil yam with salt and a little bit of water till cooked. Then drain water and set aside to cool.
Heat butter in a pan, add onion and stir-fry till onions are translucent, then add green leafy spices, sausage, and veggies and cook for 2 minutes.
Now beat eggs in another bowl, add crushed peppers, white pepper, salt, and seasoning. Beat well.
Grease a casserole dish or even a cake pan with melted butter´. Pour in the boil yams, then the vegetable and sausage mix and lastly the beaten eggs.
Bake for about 30 mins at 180°, cool and serve for breakfast or brunch.