- 1 pack of Sympli Yam Cubes
- 335g or 1 bunch shoko leaves (spinach)
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 2 Tatase peppers (red bell pepper)
- 4 Atarodo peppers (scotch bonnet pepper)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 medium pcs beef chunks (chopped)
- 5 medium pcs kpomo (chopped)
- 5 medium pcs tripe (chopped)
- 1 tsp iru (locust beans)
- 1 tbsp crayfish powder
- 1 tbsp dry pepper
- 4 seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
Oil less Efo Riro and Yam Recipe;
Place tomatoes, Tatase peppers and 2 of the Atarodo peppers in an oven and roast for about 15 minutes. Alloe to cool and blend.
In a pot, season your beef, kpomo and tripe with 2 seasoning cubes, 2 chopped Atarodo peppers and ½ of the chopped onion. Cook until tender.
Heat another pot and stir in washed vegetables for about one minute to blanch them. Take out the vegetables and chop them into shreds.
Heat another pot and pour in the blended tomato-pepper mix, chopped onion, boiled meat and dry pepper. Add seasoning cubes, crayfish powder and iru. Allow to cook for 3-5 minutes.
Finally stir in the blanched vegetables.