- 250g Sympli ripe plantain fries
- 300g skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 head lettuce salad, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 75ml oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps. Vinegar (preferably white wine vinegar)
- 2 tsp. chili flakes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ½ cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. black pepper crushed
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare Chimichurri Chicken, Avocado and Plantain Salad Bowl
To make the chimichurri marinade, mix 50ml of oil with garlics, onion, chili flakes, vinegar, oregano, parsley leaves, black pepper and salt to taste.
In a bowl, mix part of the chimichurri sauce with chicken and let it marinate for about 2 hours or best overnight.
Lightly salt plantains and set aside.
Heat a skillet and fry chicken in 25ml of oil until golden brown on both sides. Then allow chicken to rest and slice thinly.
In the same skillet, fry plantains until golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain oil on kitchen paper.
Now assemble the salad by adding sliced avocados, cherry tomatoes, chicken and plantain slices on shredded lettuce. Pour the rest of the chimichurri sauce on top and enjoy.